THE LARGEST COMPETITION TV SHOW ON THE PLANET FOR STARTUPS.
The Greatest Show On EarthEntrepreneurship
We’re officially casting for the next several seasons!
Please fill out the form below. If you are a good fit, a casting director will reach out for more information. Regardless, thank you for your interest.
Casting for the next season of both ENTREPRENEURS and JUDGES. Apply here:
What are our former cast members saying?
We took these screenshots from a few contestants in the day or so after filming season one. They were unprompted, and really summed up what we expect you to get out of this.
When will this film?
We are eyeing two separate seasons for the late Summer, specifically the last week of July and the last week of August. This will become more certain in the coming weeks.
What about Covid?
We acknowledge that what we’re about to present is not perfect, but it it’s better than doing nothing, and it’s better than not filming at all.
We treat our show a bit like traveling to a foreign country. You must satisfy one of these two options:
(a) a negative PCR Covid test, from your hometown, within several days of traveling. Or,
(b) documentation of vaccination.
Once you arrive, you and the rest of the cast members are not allowed to leave the compound (which are mansions with private chefs). This helps us create a “covid bubble”.
Can I tell people I'm applying?
Mathematically speaking, you’re not going to get in. So telling people you’ve applied is setting your team up for disappointment.
But should you get farther into the process you definitely should tell the one-to-three people on your team/family that matter to you the most. Going on TV without warning certain people is a recipe for divorce LOL. That said, we strongly urge you to keep it quiet beyond that. What we’ve seen is cast members get a bigger bump in engagement when the first time their audience finds out they made it, is also the moment they can start binge watching.
What is the casting process like?
1. Fill out the form on this page.
2. A casting director will reach out with questions.
3. There will be a request for a one-way video interview. This means you’ll use our software to record yourself answering a few basic questions about your business.
4. We’ll schedule a 1-on-1 phone interview with a casting director.
We cut roughly half of the applicants at each of the aforementioned steps.
Is this for BetaBlox or The Blox?
This is for The Blox.
BetaBlox is our startup accelerator. It’s for tech-enabled, growth stage startups, with a lot of traction, looking for very specific mentorship designed to help them scale. It costs 5% ownership in their startup, which mutually aligns us with the success of the venture. We’ve been doing it for over a decade and are really good at it.
The Blox does NOT cost equity. You can be at any stage, or in any industry. The time commitment is only 5 days. The Blox obviously coaches a lot of the same concepts from BetaBlox, but they are two separate entities run by the same executive team.
Does it matter where I live or what stage of business I'm in?
We’re specifically looking for companies that are in every industry imaginable, and every stage. This means we want roughly 33% to be pre-launch, 33% to be under a quarter million in sales, and 33% at or above a million-a-year in revenue.
We also love telling the stories of entrepreneurs from all over the country. The more spread out our applicants, the better.
What are the living conditions like?
There’s essentially one mansion where the majority of the classes and exercises take place. Some of the entrepreneurs live there. Then a series of nice homes within short driving or walking distance where the remainder of the startups sleep. With a couple exceptions, every startup will get their own room.
We have two full-time personal chefs who provide three plated meals a day. Our alumni cast members raved about the food, and our CEO hired one of them as his full-time personal chef.
We want to do everything possible to keep you healthy and happy so you can fully invest in your experience. Food and sleep are two crucial elements to that equation.
Is there a cost?
You are responsible for hard-costs. This means your flight (or gas), travel to and from airport, your portion of room and groceries, etc.
You being on the show is as good for you as it is for us. We’ve experimented with us paying for everything VS charging for the hard-costs. What we learned was the buy-in and accountability was 10X better from the people who had a little skin-in-the-game.
What are the main reasons I should apply?
1. Accelerated entrepreneurship education. From a curriculum standpoint, what usually takes us about four months is crammed into a single week. Combine that with the fact that you’re surrounded exclusively by entrepreneurs, 24 hours a day, really adds gas to your entrepreneurial wherewithal.
2. Promotional reasons. Yes, people will watch the show and hopefully follow your pages or buy your things. But this is far more guaranteed if you follow the best practices of our most successful alumni to-date. They didn’t just rely on our viewers to flood their sites. We gave them individualized trailers, feature videos, custom press templates, and proven social media copy. This tee’d them up to ensure their market, their followers, their supporters, their potential investors and clients – all knew they were making moves. From a promotional standpoint, being on this show is an alleyoop. We can throw it up near the basket, but you’ve got to dunk it.
How will my phone number be used?
We use your cell phone number in several automated ways: we use a platform called SimpleTexting to send notifications when your app has been submitted, when casting directors want to schedule interviews, and upon acceptance into the program. You can opt out at any point you want.